Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do at the scene of the accident?

How do I get the police accident report?

Do I need legal representation and when should I contact an attorney?

Who pays for my medical bills and how are they paid while I’m injured?

What about my lost wages while I am injured and what if I can't go back to work?

Should I give a statement to my insurance company or the other driver's insurance company?

What are my rights when I'm injured on a fixed platform?

What are my rights if I am injured while in an automobile accident during the course of my employment?

What is evidence and how should I make sure that I obtain it at the time of or shortly following my accident?

What is the Jones Act?

What are my rights when I'm injured on a vessel such as a jack-up, semi-submersible drilling rig, drilling ship, etc.?

What damages am I entitled to if I or my family is injured as a result of the other driver's negligence?

How much time do I have to file a claim?

Does admiralty or maritime law apply to Louisiana's oilfield workers?

What is admiralty or maritime law?

How can I tell if I am a Jones Act Seaman?

Will I lose my job if I bring a claim?

Will the insurance company for the other driver pay for me to go to the doctor in advance? If not, how do I pay for my medical treatment?